Update : This position has been filled and the posting is closed.)
Pratham Books is a not-for-profit children’s book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India.
In the last 3 years, we have increased our impact by investing deeply in technology based initiatives to further our mission. We are now looking to hire a Manager: Strategy & Insights to help develop innovative strategies as we scale up these initiatives.
About the Project :
is a digital platform that hosts children’s stories in multiple Indian and international languages, so that children have access to reading resources in their mother tongues to learn and practice reading. All the stories are available under open licences and not only can they be read for free, they can also be translated or versioned, using simple tools embedded on the platform. In 2 years, StoryWeaver has grown from
800 stories in 24 languages to 6500 stories in 104 languages. We have built a robust global community that uses our content as well as contributed to creating more content on the platform.
StoryWeaver is being recognized as an emerging innovation that can transform the early literacy reader ecosystem globally. Recently, StoryWeaver was featured in the World Bank’s report on 20 innovative EdTech projects from around the world
, and was also the recipient of the prestigious Library of Congress Literacy Award 2017 International Prize. Our vision is for StoryWeaver to be the largest multilingual open library in the world for children by creating a collaborative publishing model that can address the scarcity of reading resources in their mother tongue languages.
This position will work closely with the senior leadership to understand and shape the strategic direction StoryWeaver. There will be significant opportunities for innovation, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to further develop, nurture and scale a world-class digital platform that is redefining the way reading resources can be created and distributed globally. In a 2 year time-frame, the project outcomes are expected to scale by 10x and this position will play an important role in helping the organization meet this objective.
- Work closely with the internal teams to design strategies to implement the StoryWeaver’s strategic and operational plans
- Align processes and resource-planning with overall strategy
- Develop plans to materialize strategy and analyze strategic partnership opportunities
- Track and monitor user trends and usage data to develop insights that will drive future product enhancements
- Monitor and analyze industry trends and market changes
- Masters in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field
- Proven experience as a Strategic Planner or Business Consultant
- Understanding of market research and data analysis
- Knowledge of business operations and procedures
- Demonstrable strategic thinking abilities
- Analytical mind with problem-solving attitude
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Sophisticated ICT skills
- Willing to travel to all project locations
- 6-8 years of experience
Nice to have but not mandatory:
- Experience working with non-profits
- BTech/MSc/MCA degree in Computer Science or related disciplines will be a plus
Location: Position is based out of Bangalore and is full-time. Project is expected to complete within a 2 year time-frame.
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Write to us
: Email your resume with ‘Manager: Strategy & Insights’
in the subject line to [email protected]