Purpose of job
Develop and implement strategic engagement initiatives by building & sustaining relationships through partnerships with multiple stakeholders and advocating the brand across a variety of social networks.
|Illustration by Ruchi Shah
- Responsible for incorporating online tools and networking to create relationships and ultimately build the company’s brand, both online and off.
- Responsible to strategically create and distribute the brand’s content across a variety of different social networks.
- Responsible for all social media for Pratham Books handles.
- Source, identify and build lasting relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders from nonprofits, community groups, authors, illustrators, publishers, children, parents, etc.
- Develop and implement marketing activities, campaigns and strategies to promote Pratham Books’ offerings through a combination of personal contacts, special events, the Internet, etc.
- Supporting Pratham Books’ properties like Donate-a-Book
- Use Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Ensure effective planning, implementation and evaluation of Pratham Books’ brand building program events and activities
Job Specific Competencies/Applied knowledge and skill
Job Knowledge – Understanding of what children need to read, Understanding of Indian milieu, being up to date with new trends, updated with latest social media technology, effective ways of brand-building and media coverage, a track record of successfully managing teams and developing team members, demonstrated an ability to evaluate and prioritize work so that it enhances and aligns with the organization’s goals, experience working in a non-profit, a proactive and organized approach to community engagement.
Eye for detail – Identify and tap opportunities for brand building, committed to excellence, improvises constantly, attentive to brand building process, consistently updated with technology and media outreach. High level communication skills – which makes it possible for you to speak and build relations online and offline
Project management skills – Multi-tasking and prioritising, planning and organizing, perseverance, working with multiple teams that are interdependent, prepare a plan and follow up milestones, ability to work with timelines and targets.
Results and Accountability – Takes ownership of a task or project and produces results according to expectations. Requests clarification as needed. Provides frequent updates on status of deliverables and priorities. Keeps team members and management apprised. Prioritizes tasks and sets challenging goals. Demonstrates problem-solving skills and critical thinking. Displays a sense of urgency, perseverance, meeting or exceeding deadlines. Takes projects to completion.
Teamwork/Collaboration: Works collaboratively and harmoniously with others, considers their ideas, and shares knowledge in order to achieve objectives. Actively participates and contributes in team meetings and discussions. Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of attitudes, interests, and needs of others when communicating. Ability to influence and negotiate, with support of facts and data, in a convincing manner so as to build support for ideas and objectives.
Adaptability/Openness: Adapts to change. Adjusts to new objectives. Handles pressure and uncertainty while remaining productive. Open to constructive feedback. Adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Innovation and Initiative – Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, solves problems innovatively.
Working with geographically distributed teams. Need to travel occasionally to various external agencies.
Other essential requirements
Finger on latest technology in Social Media, Sales/Marketing/Public relations experience and perseverance skills essential
Location: This is a full- time role based in our Bengaluru office.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send your resume to [email protected]
with ‘Social Media Manager’ in the subject line of the email.
Leave a Reply