Update : This position has been filled and is no longer vacant.
Pratham Books is a not-for-profit children’s book publisher with a mission to ‘a book in every child’s hands’.’ The key objective is to publish good quality, affordable storybooks in multiple Indian languages and spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India. In the last decade, Pratham Books has published over 375+ original titles in 20 Indian languages, which total up to about 2500+ books. We saw open licensing of our content as an opportunity to scale up enormously, but flexibly, in a way that would serve our mission. StoryWeaver is an initiative from Pratham Books. It is an open source, digital repository of multilingual children’s stories. The platform hosts 6000+ books in 100+ languages. All the stories are available under Creative Common license, which allows users to read, download or print and use all the stories for free.
We are looking for a full-time, HR Generalist. The position is based in Bengaluru.
As a HR Generalist you will be responsible for the entire HR operations, including hiring process coordination, implementation of employee policies and compliance related follow ups. This position reports to the CEO.
Here is a list of some of the main responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Be the one-point contact for all HR administration related activities at PB. Help employees with queries related to HR policies and processes.
• Take ownership of the end to end hiring process for all positions and collaborate with the leadership, function heads to ensure results.
• Administer compensation, benefits and performance management process.
• Maintain required documentation for all employees and up to date employee data, employee insurance and other statutory benefits.
• Ensure organization’s compliance to local labor laws and statutory practices.
• Create positive employee experience for new as well as the exiting employees.
• Help new employees assimilate in to the organization.
• Conceptualize events that bring employees together and collaborate with admin and finance to organize events like Manthan.
• Manage internal communication related to HR issues.
Experience and Job competencies
Pratham Books is an organization driven by the mission and a strong purpose of improving the world of children, especially of those who are under provided. As a Human Resource Generalist, you will need skills and values that align to an environment that is creative, passionate, diverse and inclusive.
Here is a list of skills and knowledge required for the job:
• Communication skills for building open and trusting work environments.
• Experience of working as an ‘Individual Contributor’ without close supervision and collaborating with various teams to achieve results.
• Understanding the end to end hiring process and experience of closing positions within expected timeframe.
• Understanding of compliance and statutory requirements.
• Using, adopting and deploying technology relevant to the function.
• Using data regularly to support decisions making process related to employee policies and issues.
• Working with geographically distributed teams.
• Basic Computer knowledge.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their resume to [email protected]
with ‘HR Generalist’ in the subject line of the email.