River Diary Contest
Today is World Water Day and we are celebrating by celebrating rivers. Come celebrate with us and participate in the River Diary Contest.
This is a travelogue about one of the mightiest rivers of the world, the Brahmaputra. While most rivers in the Indian sub-continent have feminine names, the Brahmaputra, meaning the son of Brahma in Sanskrit, is unusual in having a masculine one. This is also the story of a grand journey taken by a celebrated Bangladeshi photographer. Following the river, he braved the barren, icy wilds of Tibet, travelled along the verdant green lands of northeastern India and finally lovingly captured the light of the ‘living river’ in Bangladesh. His stunning visual chronicle will remain etched in your memory forever even as it gives you a view of the many-splendoured cultural canvas of the sub-continent.
There are 4 ways to enter the contest :
Through email :
1. Submit a photo and brief write up* (or both) about your river journey.
2. Mail [email protected] between 22nd-27th March, 2016. (Update : We’ve extended the contest deadline to 3rd April.)
- Leave a comment on this Facebook post and share your #riverdiary experience.
- Tweet us at @prathambooks, use the hashtag #riverdiary and share your story
- Share your story on your Instagram feed, tag us @pratham.books (note: there is dot between our name) and use the hashtag #riverdiary.
*Prizes can only be sent to an Indian postal address.