Pratham Books is hiring a Project Assistant
StoryWeaver is a digital repository of openly-licensed, multilingual children’s stories. It allows its users to read, create and translate stories into Indian and international languages in the hope that children across the world can read quality stories in a language of their choice.
We are looking to scale up content on StoryWeaver and add about 20,000 new stories by December 2019. In order to achieve this target we have several projects starting up and so we are currently, we’re looking for a full-time, Project Assistant to join our Digital Team in Bangalore to help keep these projects on track.
As an Project Assistant at StoryWeaver, this is what will keep you busy:
- Coordinate with and oversee external vendors to ensure timelines and quality.
- Maintain databases and project file systems
- Coordinate with in house team and external vendors on tasks as per objectives
- Co-ordinating with the administrative team for documentation, records and payments (contracts, work orders, etc)
- Identifying open repositories/opportunities to bring more stories onto StoryWeaver
- Support campaigns aimed at improving content and reach of StoryWeaver
- Degree in Literature/Journalism/Mass Communication/Media /Language
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- 1-2 years of work experience; freshers may also apply
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate between different stakeholders
- Sharp eye for detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Love for books and languages
- Be a good team player
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please send your resume to [email protected] with ‘Project Assistant for StoryWeaver’ in the subject line of the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!