Pratham Books is hiring: Junior Editorial Assistant
StoryWeaver is a digital repository of openly-licensed, multilingual children’s stories. It allows its users to read, create and translate stories into Indian and international languages in the hope that children across the world can read quality stories in a language of their choice.
Currently, we’re looking for a full-time, Junior Editorial Assistant to join our Digital Team in Bangalore.
As a Junior Editorial Assistant at StoryWeaver, this is what will keep you busy:
- Working with graphic designer to help design and adapt books and other content for StoryWeaver
- Uploading books on StoryWeaver which involves tagging stories and images in a way that makes it accessible to users
- Co-ordinating with the administrative team for documentation, records and payments (contracts, work orders, etc)
- Identifying open repositories/opportunities to bring more stories onto StoryWeaver
- Degree in Literature/Journalism/Mass Communication/Media /Language
- Good communication skills in English
- 1-2 years of work experience; freshers may also apply
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate between different stakeholders
- Capable of working within a team and tight deadlines
- Sharp eye for copy
- Love for languages
- Be a good team player
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please send your resume to [email protected] with ‘Junior Editorial Assistant for StoryWeaver’ in the subject line of the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Leave a Reply