Flash Fiction Contest
Quick Tales, the LiveJournal – Caferati Flash Fiction contest, asks you to tell us a story in 500 words or less. On offer: delicious cash prizes (top prize: Rs 19,999), global visibility and the chance to be part of a book.
- Theme Your subject is Journal.
Feel free to interpret that how you like. For example, you could tell a story in diary entries or blog posts, or have a lost journal play a critical role in the narrative. You could tell a love story; a whodunnit; a gritty urban tale. Whatever. let your imagination fly, but make sure your story has a more than cursory connection with the theme.
- Deadline You must submit your entry before midnight, 7th September 2008.
A leetle word of advice: please don’t wait until 11.45 p.m. on the 6th to submit your entry. Chances are that many others may have dragged their feet, and while our system is, we think, robust, any server can be overloaded.
- Eligibility 1. Residents of India. Contestants must have a street address in India.
2. LiveJournal Users. Contestants must be registered LiveJournal users as of the date on which they submit an entry to the contest, and should still be members on the date on which contest results are announced. Anyone with an internet connection and a minute to spare can become a LiveJournal user by signing up at their site. LiveJournal Basic Membership is 100% free.
- Exceptions The contest is not open to employees and stake-holders of LiveJournal, Scenario Consulting, Caferati Creative, and the contest jury, and their immediate families.
- Judges Caferati’s editors will screen the initial entries to keep the long list to a reasonable number. The short-listed entries (the top 100) will go through to a second round of judging by our panel of judges: Samit Basu, Anjum Hasan and Anita Roy.
- How to enter Use the contest entry form, please. Entries will not be accepted by any other method.
Leave a Reply