(Update : This vacancy has been filled)
Pratham Books is a not-for-profit children’s book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India.
In 13 years, we have published over 3000 books and distributed over 14 million copies of our storybooks and 16 million story cards. Last year, Pratham Books’ increased its footprint by going digital. As an industry leader, we were one of the first publishers in the country to open license our content. All this content is now available on StoryWeaver
, our digital platform that hosts stories in 60 languages. The stories can be read, translated, versioned or downloaded for free.
At Pratham Books, we are shaping a new, innovative approach to multilingual publishing because we believe that every child needs good books to read in a language of their choice. We are looking for a Research Manager who can lead our efforts to evaluate our programs, analyse data and provide insights and information to guide strategy.
As a Research Manager, you will be responsible for developing and supporting research projects to meet defined goals. The projects will include both primary research and secondary data projects. You will need to work with internal and external stakeholders to understand the requirements, review the collected data, draw insights, author reports and make recommendations.
The candidate needs to have strong research and analytical skills as well as a deep understanding of web analytics. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and willingness to travel.
- Understand the research requirements for each program and selecting the most appropriate research methodology and techniques
- Design qualitative and quantitative research plans
- Design research questionnaires and moderator guides
- Analyse and interpret data for the digital projects on an ongoing basis, writing reports, and making actionable recommendations
- 7 to 10 years experience in research with an excellent understanding of web analytics.
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and manage multiple projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills – should have experience in writing papers, reports and presentations.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical analysis software ( e.g SPSS,Stata and R)
- Familiarity with CRM programs
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
Nice to have but not mandatory:
- Experience working with nonprofits.
Location: Position is based out of Bangalore
Salary: Will commensurate with experience. We are looking for a passionate individual who wants to be part of a team that is creating a new model in multilingual publishing to address the scarcity of books for children in need