Update : This position has been filled and the posting is closed.)
Pratham Books is a not-for-profit children’s book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India.
In the last 3 years, we have increased our impact by investing deeply in technology based initiatives to further our mission. We are now looking to hire a Quality Assurance Engineer to test and support Story Weaver ensuring the end-to-end quality assurance of the platform.
About the Project
is a digital platform that hosts children’s stories in multiple Indian and international languages, so that children have access to reading resources in their mother tongues to learn and practice reading. All the stories are available under open licences and not only can they be read for free, they can also be translated or versioned, using simple tools embedded on the platform. In 2 years, StoryWeaver has grown from
800 stories in 24 languages to 6500 stories in 104 languages. We have built a robust global community that uses our content as well as contributed to creating more content on the platform.
StoryWeaver is being recognized as an emerging innovation that can transform the early literacy reader ecosystem globally. Recently, StoryWeaver was featured in the World Bank’s report on 20 innovative EdTech projects from around the world
, and was also the recipient of the prestigious Library of Congress Literacy Award 2017 International Prize. Our vision is for StoryWeaver to be the largest multilingual open library in the world for children by creating a collaborative publishing model that can address the scarcity of reading resources in their mother tongue languages.
This position will be a member of the Digital Team at StoryWeaver to test and support ensuring the end-to-end quality assurance of the StoryWeaver platform. There will be significant opportunities for communication with Business and Technical teams to further develop, nurture and scale a world-class digital platform that is redefining the way reading resources can be created and distributed globally. In a 2 year time-frame, the project outcomes are expected to scale by 10x and this position will play an important role in helping the organization meet this objective.
- Work in close coordination with functional team to articulate and document test cases thoroughly to ensure adequate coverage of requirements.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing and Live testing on the Story Weaver platform to identify and report bugs to the Technical Team.
- Work closely with technical team to track reported bugs to closure in order to regressively maintain the quality of the Story Weaver platform.
- Provide support for coordinating the User related requests with the Technical team.
- 2-3+ years experience in software quality assurance and manual testing of mobile and web based applications
- Ability to understand business requirements and articulate test scenarios
- Must have excellent analytical skills to identify bugs and issues within the software before they occur in real user environment.
- Good understanding of testing practices for Web applications.
- Understanding of issues surrounding multiple device and browser compatibility.
- Experience working in an SCRUM agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Effectively interface with the Functional team to understand Business requirements.
- Effectively interface with the Technical Team to support User related requests, report and track bugs to closure.
Nice to have but not mandatory
- Experience working with non-profits
- BE/BTech/MSc/MCA degree in Computer Science or related disciplines will be a plus
Position is based out of Bangalore and is full-time. Project is expected to complete within a 2 year time-frame.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Write to us:
Email your resume with ‘Quality Assurance Engineer’ in the subject line to [email protected]
Leave a Reply