Pratham Books is looking for a Junior Development Manager to join our team in Bengaluru.
Pratham Books (www.prathambooks.org
) is a not-for-profit children’s book publisher that was set up in
2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India. As a publisher serving every child in India, Pratham Books has always pushed the boundaries when it comes to exploring innovative ways in which to create access to joyful stories and have been fortunate in finding partners to collaborate with who share this vision.
|Ilustration by Nirzara Verulkar, from the book ´Maths at the Mela´
Pratham Books currently has multiple projects which are supported by various donors, for content development and dissemination. The role would involve supporting the development team to nurture and grow donor relationships, project co-ordination, anchoring content dissemination, and support reporting and documentation.
- Help identify and qualify leads from non profits, foundations and CSR divisions of companies to create and maintain a robust database of potential donors
- Market research and analysis to identify opportunities for growing the donor base and funds generated
Programme Co ordination
- Co-ordination among teams for various projects
- Ensuring adherence of project modules to timelines
- Ensuring project requirements for external resources such as interns or researchers are met in a timely manner
Anchor content dissemination
- Anchor dissemination of content in print and digital formats for grant based commitments
- For print books, streamline processes to identify beneficiaries of classroom libraries, aligned with the requirements of the donors.
- Co-ordinate with warehouse and CRM teams to ensure timely dispatch of the libraries.
- For digital books, ensure books are published on the online StoryWeaver platform within the timelines committed
Support documentation and reporting
- Streamline reporting processes and ensure deadlines are communicated to project teams
- Co-ordinating with teams to ensure timely submission of individual components of project reports
This is a full-time position based in Bangalore, and would report to the Development Manager.
Who should apply?
1. Have 3-5 years experience
2. Can ideally start from 1st May 2018 onwards
3. Are committed and meet deadlines consistently
4. Are self-starters, enthusiastic and have good people skills
5. Have basic computer skills – Word, XL, PPT
6. Have a good working knowledge of English and Hindi. Knowledge of Kannada would be a bonus.
Please send your resume to anuradha(at)prathambooks(dot)org with ‘Junior Development Manager’ in the subject line of the email.
Leave a Reply