Tulika’s iPad Apps and Other Goodies
Ekki Dokki is a bilingual book in Hindi and English. It is based on an endearing Marathi folktale about two sisters. Ekkesvali has one hair on her head; Dhonkesvali has two and thinks she’s great. What happens to them when they meet an old woman who lives alone in a clearing right in the middle of the forest? This folktale takes on a special joyousness with Ranjan De’s stylised representations, full of interesting details.
Other features of this application include :
– Switch between Hindi and English from any page using animation transition.
– Comes with read-along recordings in two languages(English and Hindi).
– Record your own voice for read-along.
– Playback in your own voice or pre-recorded voice. Switch at any time.
– Dual mode page flip – swipe for older readers and flip help for younger readers.
– Jump to any page using page gallery.
– Auto flip automatically turns to next page when playback for the page finishes.
While we are on the topic of Tulika Books, have you seen the wonderful merchandise they are selling in collaboration with Fab India? Drool…drool..drool….Take a look if you don’t believe us (here and here).
Leave a Reply