The Leading Reading Schools of India Award
What is the LRSI Award?
The Leading Reading School Award is an annual award programme initiated by Young India Books to applaud and recognise the five leading schools of India for their exemplary work in instilling a love for reading in their students.
What do the schools have to do?Participating schools will have to register ONLINE Without school registration students will not be able to participate.
A staff member, preferably the librarian, has to be appointed to be in charge of the event.
Who can participate in this competition?
- LRSIA is open to children of all schools, libraries and book clubs.
- There is a participation fee of Rs.100/- per child.
- The Competition is open in three categories: Primary (Grades I to 3), Middle (Grades 4 to 6), Secondary (Grades 7 to 10)
What are the awards to be won?
The 5 Leading Reading Schools of India Award
- A Trophy
- A Citation
- A Hamper of Books
The most outstanding review
- A Kindle
3 Student Awards in each category
- A certificate from YIB
- A Crossword store gift voucher
- An opportunity to become a reviewer for Young India Books
Children’s Choice Award for the book most preferred by the students.
What is the Children’s Choice Award?
Children’s Choice Award is a biennial award that has been initiated by Young India Books in which children get to select the book for the award.