We are looking for a Senior Project Manager
About the project:
The extended school closures in Maharashtra due to the pandemic is exacerbating the learning crisis with the potential for higher dropout rates. In order to address support continuity of learning with a focus on promoting development of language and literacy skills amongst children in Maharashtra, and those most impacted by the pandemic, we will be deploying the following interventions
- A state-wide digital reading campaign, in continuation with what was done in the first half of the 2021, a digital reading campaign will be rolled-out to enable children to continue benefiting from the access to good quality story books and reading for joy; In this phase the intervention will focus on developing institutional capacity of the state/ districts to take the campaign forward independently.
- Implement the Read At Home Initiative Supplying Read at Home Book Sets for development of school readiness and language and literacy skills reaching out to ~24k children in Grades 1-2 of the 1204 schools in 6 blocks
— Build capacity of ~1300 teachers of grades 1-2 to help support the read at home initiative who will also receive a printed guidebook for a the same
— Monitor the reach and use of the ReadAtHome book pack, and assess learning of a sample of children
- Refurbish and make Functional Libraries at the Local Elementary Schools Classroom Library kits consisting of a set of 100 Books each for the ~1200 elementary schools in the 6 blocks. Build capacity of ~1200 teachers (other than those being trained as part of activity 2, where possible) on demonstrating effective use of the library even during school closures, where possible, by using techniques to make reading enjoyable/ collaborative amongst the ~60k students enrolled in these schools; the teachers will receive a printed guidebook for the same.
— Monitor the access to and engagement with the school libraries
Title: Senior Project Manager – Maharashtra
Pratham Books is looking for a Senior Project Manager to oversee the implementation of the project which will include coordination and provision of technical support for mobilisation of the field functionaries towards achieving the goals of the project, training, assessments, monitoring. Drafting of field updates, and project reports will also be an important part of the role.
- Coordination with the education department at state/district, and block level for planning of different trainings, mobilization activities and other activities in the project.
- Liaison with the Pratham Books & UNICEF team to meet all project deliverables / smooth implementation of the project
- Facilitating and monitoring the smooth delivery of school and home educational kits for children with the Education Officers/District Institution for Education and Training (DIETs) of the 2 districts.
- Monitoring and documentation of good practices, action plans, assessments and other records of the project.
- Responsible for implementing the monitoring and evaluation of the project, developing and maintaining the MIS of the project.
- Planning and implementing community engagement activities in coordination with DIETs, schools and community volunteers.
- Capturing of relevant data and analysis of the same for program evaluation as per the design.
- Drafting of impact and progress reports for donor agency, and other key stakeholders
- At-least 3-5 years of experience in implementation of education projects.
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in the social sciences/ education/social work/education management/ humanities.
- Experience in Foundational literacy related projects
- Experience in project implementation in coordination with the government
- Communication and documentation skills.
- Marathi language skills (essential) and English documentation skills (preferred)
Job Location and timeframe:
This is a full-time position based in Maharashtra and the candidate is expected to work remotely, although some travel to 2 districts may be expected. Project is expected to be completed within the time-frame of five months ending 31 Dec 2021. Tentative start date -1 Aug 2021.
Interested candidates are requested to apply with the following documents by 30th July 2021 to [email protected]. Please mention the following in subject line: Application for Senior Project Manager – Maharashtra
- Cover letter
- Updated CV