Pratham Books is looking for sharp Kannada and Telugu copy editors. The work includes reading and reviewing of new manuscripts in these languages, translation from English, reviewing translations, proofing copy at the layout and print stage, and writing copy for press notes, catalogues and promotional material.
While the vacancy if for full-time positions in our Bengaluru office, part-time option can be considered for the right candidates.
- Excellent Communication skills in written Kannada, or Telugu.
- Decent knowledge of written English
- Understanding of children’s literature and use of appropriate child-friendly language
- Understanding of translation as a literary enterprise
- Sharp eye to check copy
- Proof checking skills
- Ability to write copy for promotional material
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work as a team member and observe deadlines
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please send your resume and sample of work to [email protected]
with ‘Language Editor – and your name
‘ in the subject line of the email.