Pratham Books is a not-for-profit children’s book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India. As a publisher serving every child in India, Pratham Books has always pushed the boundaries when it comes to exploring innovative ways in which to create access to joyful stories and has been fortunate in finding partners to collaborate with who share this vision.
Donate-a-Book is an initiative by Pratham Books to help bridge the gap between those who want to help children read and those who need books for children. Together, we will build a Reading India by making story books accessible to thousands of children and spreading the joy of reading.
We are looking for a Donate-a-Book Executive.
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate person who is high on initiative. The candidate will work closely with the Donate-a-Book Manager and the Associate Director – Fundraising and will have to coordinate with several other geographically distributed teams within the organisation.
● Manage and maintain campaigner and donor relations.
● Outreach to like-minded organisations who would benefit from using the platform to raise funds for their library needs.
● Collaborate with internal marketing, sales and fundraising teams.
● Measure and report the progress of crowdfunding campaigns by sharing regular reports.
● Lead generation to help grow Donate-a-Book and create a sales pipeline.
● Support in fundraising for Donate-a-Book.
● Identify new development channels like other crowdfunding platforms, listing channels, etc.
● 0-1 year of work experience in sales, marketing or crowdfunding.
● Self-driven and cause-oriented; at ease with deadlines and targets.
● Possesses excellent communication (written and verbal) and people skills.
● Willingness to travel and meet stakeholders within and outside Bangalore.
● Must be familiar with MS Office.
● Possesses good time management skills and is a team player.
● Proficient in Hindi language (spoken). Any other regional language is an added advantage.
Nice to have but not mandatory:
● Previous experience of interning/working in a not-for-profit organisation/in a development sector organisation.
● Prior work experience in the area of donor relations and candidates with technical background will be preferred.
This is a full-time position based out of Bangalore, Karnataka.
Salary offered will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
Write to us:
Interested candidates can email their resumes with the title ‘Donate-a-Book Executive’ in the subject line to [email protected]
House No. 621, Second Floor, 5th Main
OMBR Layout, Bhuvanagiri Main Road
Lakshmamma Layout, Banaswadi
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560 043