Pratham Books (www.prathambooks.org) is a not-for-profit children’s book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India. As a publisher serving every child in India, Pratham Books has always pushed the boundaries when it comes to exploring innovative ways in which to create access to joyful storybooks and has been fortunate in finding partners to collaborate with who share this vision.
In 2015, Pratham Books increased its footprint by going digital. As an industry leader, we were one of the first publishers in the country to open license our content. All this content is now available on StoryWeaver, which is a digital platform that hosts books in languages from India and beyond, so that every child can have an endless stream of storybooks in her mother tongue to read and enjoy. The books can be read, translated, versioned or downloaded for free.
StoryWeaver has created a range of educator-focused digital interventions. The Reading Programme offers 144 beautifully illustrated multilingual age-appropriate storybooks that provide a rich reading experience to children. Pratham Books is collaborating with SCERT, Goa to ensure that children across grades 1-8 in the state have access to quality storybooks through the Digital Reading Programme.
We are looking for a Consultant – Project Coordinator who will be based out of Goa to join the implementation team of this project.
Scope of Work/Duties:
As a Consultant – Project Coordinator, your core responsibilities with Pratham Books will include the following:
Partnerships & Project Management:
- Building a strong partnership with the State Education Department, SCERT in Goa.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for operational aspects of the project by liaising between SCERT Goa and Pratham Books.
- Maintain relationships with state-appointed SPOCs in districts and ensure that they are mobilised to implement the programme successfully with teachers.
- Manage the on-ground project team of volunteer reading champions, teacher cohorts and District SPOCs along with the project associate.
- Create and maintain detailed timelines/work plans for all project deliverables and key milestones.
- Deliver timely project status updates to the internal team and stakeholders.
- Set up a cadence with stakeholders at SCERT and Pratham Books to share project updates.
- Identify and build relationships with enthusiastic teachers who are passionate about reading to collate user insights, success stories and impact.
- School visits to support, observe and take insights from the implementation of the programme in schools.
- Build a robust volunteer base of reading enthusiasts who will support the execution of the project.
- Train the project coordinator and the reading champions on observation tools.
- Conduct regular meetings with the project coordinators and reading champions to ensure weekly collection of data, insights and success stories.
- Assist in the project management remotely for other projects based on need.
- Ensure approvals and logistics to organise capacity-building workshops.
- Plan and conduct capacity building/training sessions for various stakeholders in the programme.
- Design feedback collection tools and ensure the collection of feedback on the capacity-building training from participants.
Impact Documentation and Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Set up weekly and monthly reporting structures for the programme that can be shared with various stakeholders.
- Support in implementing the monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Submit monthly reports on the programme’s implementation, reflecting achievements, challenges and solutions for donor agency, and other key stakeholders.
- Documenting project successes and learnings in the form of case studies, video stories and short films.
- Post Graduate degree in Social Work/Sociology/Education/Management or any other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience of working in Education or with Government Education Departments.
- Should ideally have prior experience in stakeholder management and project management.
- Dynamic person with good communication skills and a zeal to learn.
- Should be fluent in writing and reading in English and Marathi (Knowledge of Konkani is an added advantage).
- Should be able to work on Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Should be able to write reports and minutes of meetings.
- Should be based out of Goa and willing to travel to Bangalore based on need.
Duration of contractual engagement: This is a consultancy-based engagement of 18 months (starting from December 2022)
Location: This is a position based in Goa with frequent work related travel to other locations.
Compensation: Compensation offered will be commensurate with the qualifications and experiences of the candidate
How to Apply: This is an urgent and immediate hiring. Interested candidates can email their detailed CV by 25th November 2022 to [email protected] In the subject line, candidates must specify ‘Consultant – Project Coordinator, Goa’.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be notified by us.