Pratham Books is a not-for-profit children’s book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India. As a publisher serving every child in India, Pratham Books has always pushed the boundaries when it comes to exploring innovative ways in which to create access to joyful stories and has been fortunate in finding partners to collaborate with who share this vision.
In 2015, Pratham Books increased its footprint by going digital. As an industry leader, we were one of the first publishers in the country to open up our content to the CC0 licence. All this content is now available on StoryWeaver, a digital platform that hosts stories in languages from India and beyond so that every child can have an endless stream of stories in her mother tongue to read and enjoy. All the stories on the platform can be read, translated, versioned or downloaded for free.
We are looking for a Consultant – Grant Writer
We are looking to hire a Consultant – Grant Writer to write fundraising proposals, donor reports, relevant white papers and research papers for the organisation. The Consultant- Grant Writer will write coherent, organised and compelling proposals.
To ensure success, the applicant must be able to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods, and be committed to the organisation’s mission. Preferred applicants must be deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
● Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organisation’s history and programmes.
● Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals.
● Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
● Collaborating with the different functional heads and members from the senior management to send funders newsletters, and to promote on-site tours.
● Collaborating with different team members to help compile the annual report.
● Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
● Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or a related field.
● 5+ years of grant writing experience.
● Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
● Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Strong people skills.
● Excellent organisational skills.
● Ability to meet deadlines.
This is a consultancy/part-time position based out of Bangalore.
The consultancy fee offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experiences.
Write to us:
Interested candidates can email their resume with ‘Consultant – Grant Writer’ in the subject line to [email protected].
House No. 621, Second Floor, 5th Main
OMBR Layout, Bhuvanagiri Main Road
Lakshmamma Layout, Banaswadi
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560 043
Site designed by Lucid Design