1. Smories are free original stories for kids, read by kids
We got the idea for smories.com during an extremely long journey in a very dirty Land Rover from the Kalahari desert in Botswana to Cape Town in South Africa in February this year.
Our daughter (8) had the idea to film herself with our ipod reading Enid Blyton short stories, and then play them back to her younger sister (6). This kept them entertained for hours.
Our kids have always loved reading to each other and are transfixed when other children read them stories. They are also obsessed with the internet and will make their way to youtube any time they get their hands on a computer.
We thought a website that had a continuous flow of new stories, read aloud by kids, would make a healthier destination than so much of the stuff out there. Imagine you’re stuck in traffic and need to keep a miniature person entertained in the back. Access a playlist of smories stories from your i-phone and voila…
Once we had the idea for a site that publishes stories for kids read by kids, we also thought it would be a great unthreatening forum for showcasing unpublished stories. This allows writers to test their work in a straightforward and transparent way, hopefully giving them exposure which they might otherwise not have received.
At Think It Ink It Publishing, we think children are born storytellers. Our professionally illustrated books provide kids with a topic, but the story is up to their imagination. There is no limit to the number of stories that can be written for each Think It Ink It wordless book. Here’s how to complete a Think It Ink It Publishing book:
Creative Writing Story Kit
- Order your Think It Ink It Publishing Creative Writing Story Kit here online.
- Once it arrives in the mail, write a draft of the story on the provided sticky note pad pages.
- Remove the sticky notes and copy the story directly into the book, page by page.
To Publish a Custom Hardcover Book
- Once on our website, www.thinkitinkitpublishing.com, select the custom hardcover book to be written and create an account so that work-in-progress will be saved.
- To be published, type and then save the finished story to the cart and complete your purchase.
- Within approximately two to four weeks, a custom hardcover book featuring your original story will arrive in the mail!
Read more here (Thanks Dr.Alice for leaving a comment on one of our blogposts and informing us about this venture)
Also Related : You Make the Story