Pratham Books is conducting a workshop on reading and a demo of StoryWeaver in Mumbai. StoryWeaver (http://www.storyweaver.org.in/
) is an open source, digital repository of multilingual children’s stories. StoryWeaver is an especially useful tool for organisations and individuals working in Education, allowing them to:
- Read / Curate a reading list from over ??8000 stories across 111 languages?
- Create a new story or flashcards from an image bank of over ??100?00 illustrations
- Re-Level a story to make it age appropriate
- Translate stories to a language of your choice
- Download stories for offline reading
And best of all, ALL of this is absolutely FREE!
We invite educators and resource people to attend the StoryWeaver workshop to be held in Mumbai on either 21st or 22nd June (we will confirm the date & the venue of the workshop at a later stage)
The workshop would cover the following
1. A detailed Demo of StoryWeaver – how to navigate and use the platform
2. Examples of how educators are using StoryWeaver effectively in their classrooms
3. Dedicated work time for participants to try their hands on StoryWeaver
4. An opportunity to meet other educators and make interesting conversations
The workshop will be held between 10 a.m to 4.30 p.m and there is no fee to attend the workshop.
Please note that? the seats are limited and if you’re applying from an organization, we might not be able to accommodate more than 4 people per organization. Confirmed participants will get a separate email confirming their participation and other logistical details.