the key objective is to publish good quality affordable books in multiple Indian Languages. In
the last decade, Pratham Books has published over 300 original titles in 23 Indian languages,
Pratham Books believes that mother tongue fluency lays the foundation of further school
education by enabling children to talk, read and write in their first language with ease.
over written, spoken and grammatically correct Hindi language and expertise in the
translation process. The person needs to have a live connect with Hindi language and
literature. The person will work with the language and design team and will be
responsible for the timely execution of all the processes involved. Will manage and
maintain the Google sheets for the group and help in coordination. This is a job that
requires excellent language skills in Hindi and English. It also requires attention to detail
an interest in children’s literature and a creative understanding of child-friendly
language. Clear communication and multitasking skills are a must.
- Working closely with the language editor and the language group to coordinate all the translation related work.
- Achieving the targeted quantity, ensuring the quality and timely readiness of the final translated documents, PDFs etc.
- Checking and rechecking the correctness of content, words and language, at every stage of the process.
- Helping in coordination of the language group. Managing and maintaining the Google sheets for the group.
- Communicating with the resources for the quality and smooth flow of the work.
- Coordinating with the design studio, editors and administration people.
- Aid in all language group initiatives.
- Help in building the pool of translators, reviewers, proof readers and language experts.
- Post graduate Degree in Hindi Literature.
- Experience of working in an editorial position in a publishing house and should have
hands-on experience in translation, review, proofreading and production related
- Excellent communication skills in Hindi and English.
- Sharp eyes to check copy
- Ability to multi-task and be a team player.
- Computer skills: MS Office, Windows.
- Passion for social change and being a change maker
- Passion for children’s literature
sample of work to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Assistant editor, Hindi’ in the subject line of