Pratham Books is looking for a content manager to be based in Bangalore. A brief description of the job follows. If you are interested or know anyone who might be interested, please contact me at for further details:
gautam at prathambooks dot org | +91 9886042017
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web and publishing content management, managing our online presence, writing and editing for the web and the management and curating of our digital archives and repositories run in conjunction with multiple external partners. The content manager will be responsible developing the voice for all aspects of the organization’s online presence. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site and repository contents, this person will also work closely with the technical team to maintain standards with regard to new development. The content manager will work closely with technical, business development, and marketing members of our organization, so strong communication skills are needed. The ideal candidate will also have experience outreach campaigns. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Manage and curate digital content for organization’s web presence and repositories.
- Coordinate projects across departments.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties.
- Oversee freelancers, including writers, copy-editors and community outreach organizers. Liaison with translators, traditional media and editors.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events.
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference.
- Track and report on all site metrics.
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills and familiarity with the Internet – a good understanding of Internet publishing is an advantage.
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- Passion, Integrity and Energy.