(Update : This position has been filled and the posting is closed.)
Pratham Books is a not-for-profit children’s book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India.
In the last 13 years we have published over 3000 books and printed over 14 million copies and 16 million storycards. In 2015, Pratham Books’ increased its footprint by going digital. As an industry leader we were one of the first publishers in the country to open license our content. All this content in now available onStoryWeaver
, our digital platform that hosts stories in 59 languages. The stories can be read, translated, versioned or downloaded for free. With both the print and digital initiatives being scaled, Pratham Books is looking for a Print Production Manager to take the lead of its print, production and digitization processes.
As a Print Production Manager you will be driving the management of a busy studio that can change from a quiet environment to one full of freelancers and multiple projects all running at the same time. Your job will be to manage the studio and production schedules as well as the day to day administrative responsibilities of running the studio of a reputed publishing house.
This is a job that requires attention to detail, organisation and time management. Clear communication and multitasking skills are a must.
We require an individual who is motivated, knows how to manage the requirements of book production that can require multiple cycles of reviews and adaptations for different platforms. Ability to prioritize workload to manage the studio schedule within the budgetary requirements.
You will work closely with the Editorial team to ensure timely delivery of all aspects of production for print and digital books – from layouts to pagination, optimizing image quality and proofreading to readying artworks, uploading digital books and QC (quality checking).
- Coordinate with editorial groups to create the final files for production of both print and digital formats of our books
- Upload the digital books on StoryWeaver
- Prioritize and manage timely output
- Supervise the design and production team
- Develop work procedures, establish quality standards and be responsible for releasing the final files
- Schedule daily studio workload, coordinate approvals from different teams, manage version control etc
- Train and monitor studio staff in all relevant skill areas.
- Liaison with cross functional teams
- Maintain an efficient archiving system
- Maintain accurate records of work in progress for billing
- 7-8 years experience of working within a creative agency / publishing house
- A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in leading a mid-size team consisting of layout artists, DTP, Photoshop and artwork people
- References to previous work
Pay: Subject to level of previous experience
Location : Delhi
Interested candidates are requested to send in their resume to careers(at)prathambooks(dot)org
P.S – If you are shortlisted, you will hear back from us within 15 days of applying.