StoryWeaver is a digital platform that hosts stories in languages from India and beyond, so that every child can have an endless stream of stories in her mother tongue to read and enjoy. The stories can be read, translated, versioned or downloaded for free. All stories on the platform are openly licensed and the goal is to open source the code as well. In two years, StoryWeaver has scaled from 800 stories in 24 languages to 8500+ stories in 115 languages. We have built a robust global community that uses our content as well as contributed to creating more content on the platform.
StoryWeaver is being recognized as an emerging innovation that can transform the early literacy reader ecosystem globally. Recently, StoryWeaver was featured in the World Bank’s report on 20 innovative EdTech projects from around the world, and was also the recipient of the prestigious Library of Congress Literacy Award 2017 International Prize. Our vision is for StoryWeaver to be the largest multilingual open library in the world for children by creating a collaborative publishing model that can address the scarcity of reading resources in mother tongue languages.
We are looking for a Partnerships Manager who can forge strategic partnerships to facilitate the use of StoryWeaver’s digital resources with organizations that have programs which promote reading and learning among children, specifically in the North and East of India.
|Illustration by Delwyn Remedios|
The Manager will be responsible for strategizing and executing plans to increase the user base of StoryWeaver and also provide the necessary training and support to the partner network and work closely with internal stakeholders.
- Identify potential partners and strategize, design and execute plans to onboard them as StoryWeaver users.
- Create and execute robust work plans for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual goals including specific targets.
- Build and nurture networks of partners working in the field of Education/ with Children/ Ed-Tech.
- Provide training and support to the partner network.
- Provide information and feedback to the internal team based on partner feedback and essentially be a bridge between the internal and external stakeholders.
- Help with research and documentation for impact assessment.
- Plan, execute and own book/event specific campaigns, on-ground events and CSR volunteering activities.
- Help build strategy for the function, contribute in new ideas for both the function and platform.
- A post-graduate degree preferably in Marketing and Management
- 3 to 5 years’ work experience in Sales, Marketing, Outreach, Partnerships or related areas
- Experience in a programmatic function in the development sector (preference for experience in Education)
- High-level communications skills: Exceptional interpersonal and verbal/ written communication skills
- Organisation/ time management skills: Planning, working systematically and efficiently and keeping information organized and accessible
- Project management skills: Multi-tasking and prioritising, planning and organizing, perseverance, working with multiple teams that are interdependent, ability to work with timelines and targets
- Ability to gather data, analyze information, and prepare reports and documents
- Experience in classrooms and/ or working with educational organizations
Good to Have:
- Ability to network and make connections
- Interest in books, education and publishing
- Should be open to travel
Location: This role is based out of Delhi and is full-time.
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send in their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Partnerships Manager_North and a short paragraph outlining why they are suitable for this position.