Pratham Books is a not-for-profit children’s book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India.
- Working closely with the design and editorial teams to design and layout new children’s books for print and digital formats. ( The illustrations for the books will be provided)
- Adapting the original print design files, and adapting it into sizes and templates that are suitable for StoryWeaver – Pratham Books’ digital story platform. Strong Photoshop skills are required for this
- Pagination, Artwork, Archiving and Documentation
- Designer with an eye towards details and a strong sense of visualization.
- Graphic design skills and an interest in book layouts
- Expertise in Adobe creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and CorelDraw. Proficient in MS Office and Windows
- Basic understanding of the printing process
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on design files
- Be a team player, Quick learner
- Good communication skills
- Capable of working within a team and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of fonts and Unicode fonts will be a plus