Pratham Books is looking for a Content Manager for its Digital platform (Update : This position has been filled and the posting is closed.)
- Create partnership opportunities with other publishers to open license their content on the platform
- Create partnership opportunities with Indian Universities and Language Institutes to increase the pool of good quality translations on the platform
- Identify and forge partnership opportunities with international organizations like ‘Translator without Borders’ to nurture translation partnerships in International languages
- Working closely with the content team for sourcing children’s stories under open licences from across the globe
- To build a strong cohesive programme operations team including setting up the Studio department and putting the processes and work-flows in place
- To ensure that we meet our commitments to donors, delivering project on time and on budget, and delivering the committed activities and project reports in compliance with the project design
- To work closely with all stakeholders to ensure high quality standards are met for the crowd-sourced content – including review processes and red flagging of inappropriate content
- To take on other tasks or responsibilities, as required for the project
- Archiving and documentation
- Prioritizing the pipeline of content from all sources for migration
- Managing the studio teams for the timely delivery of large scale data migration
- Working closely with the design teams to define new design templates
- Work with the technology partners to develop efficient processes for content migration
- Creating a database of content creators, authors, illustrators, translators etc on the platform to enhance engagements
- Work closely with the marketing team to come up with interesting promotions to promote use of content
- Work closely with the content, research and marketing teams to deliver the project goals
- Post graduate in Literature / Communication / Journalism with 7 -10 years of experience in related fields. Experience with a publishing house is favourable.
- The candidate must have experience working in an editorial position in a publishing house and should have hands-on experience in review, proofreading and production related processes.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- A proven track record to manage, lead and deliver large-scale operations
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Self-starter, team player, strategic thinker and all around book nerd
- Passion, Integrity and Energy!
Nice to have but not mandatory:
- Experience working with non-profits.
- 1-2 years working in a partner facing role
- Indic language experience and digital publishing