is a not-for-profit children’s book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India. In 13 years, we have published over 3000 books and distributed over 14 million copies of our storybooks and 16 million story cards.
In 2015, Pratham Books’ increased its footprint by going digital. As an industry leader, we were one of the first publishers in the country to open license our content. All this content is now available on StoryWeaver
, which is a digital platform that hosts stories in languages from India and beyond, so that every child can have an endless stream of stories in her mother tongue to read and enjoy. The stories can be read, translated, versioned or downloaded for free. All stories on the platform are openly licensed.
As the stories on StoryWeaver
are travelling further, we need more hands on board!
Currently, we’re looking for a full-time, Assistant Editor to join our Digital Team in Bangalore.
StoryWeaver is looking for a creative person to take on the work of an assistant editor. The position involves, editing chosen manuscripts, maintaining quality on the platform and working with the team to improve StoryWeaver. The position requires an interest in children’s literature and digital publishing.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to copy-edit
- Ability to work with graphic designer to adapt content for StoryWeaver
- Work with the StoryWeaver team to maintain quality on the platform
- Ability to tag stories and images before uploading on StoryWeaver
- Coordinate with the administrative team for documentation, records and payments
- Work with the team to identify opportunities to bring more stories onto StoryWeaver
- Ability to maintain and document day-to-day editorial assignments
- Ability to multitask and be team player
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Degree in Literature/Journalism/Mass Communication/Media /Language
- Ability to visualise and engage creatively with the design team
At least 3-4 years in an editorial position would be good. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in children’s publishing or with children.
This is a full time position in our Bengaluru office.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please send your resume and sample of work to email@example.com
with Assistant Editor – StoryWeaver in the subject line of the email.