Pratham Books is a not for profit, multi-lingual publisher of books for children. Our mission is to put a book in every child’s hands. Our books are translated into several Indian languages. We believe that every child should have access to lovely books that are a treat to their eyes and their minds.
1. ART DIRECTOR
If you are excited about designing books for children and if your profile matches the requirements stated below, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location : Delhi/Bangalore
1) A degree/diploma in Design/Fine Arts/Visual Communication.
2) 3-5 years of work experince and specialization in Book Design.
3) Facility with softwares such as Indesign, Corel Draw and Page Maker.
4) Interest in various fonts of Indian languages and knowledge of their technical usage.
5) Ability and the desire to work with a multi-hued editorial, layout and branding team.
6) Ability to interact with and guide, illustrators and the layout team.
7) Knowledge of the printing process to see the book through till the final print.
8) Comfortable with working in an NGO environment.
2. ASSISTANT BRAND MANAGER
Location : Bangalore
Pratham Books is looking for a young dynamic advertising / communications professional.
You love to find simple solutions to complicated marketing problems. You glow with pride when you talk about the brands you have helped build and shape. You get excited when you create an interesting emailer.
You’ve been working in the communications field for about 2 years now but somewhere deep inside you are wondering whether there is more to your profession than the next new brand of tea or the newest shirt brand. You hope to use your skills to build a brand that impacts not just lifestyles but lives of India’s children. If yes, then Pratham Books is looking for you in the avatar of Assistant Brand Manager.
Oh and did we say that if you do join us you will be working with one of India’s largest children’s book publisher, who has reached over 12 million children with an aim to see, “A book in every child’s hand”. So if you are game to take up the challenge of making Pratham Books reach out to millions of little children email us your resume to email@example.com with one jhakaas idea on how you think we can achieve this.
3. MULTI STATE COORDINATOR
Location: Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata
Based within Pratham Books to deliver all sales & marketing related initiatives, numbers & revenues pertaining to multiple states in your region.
1. Research and exploit new channel sales partnerships with Schools, Institutions, Distributor etc.; develop sales initiatives, assign and deliver sales targets for each account.
2. Actively present and sell front list and backlist titles to key accounts.
3. Prepare sales quotations, necessary follow-up and close sales, collect orders from customers and work with Sales Head, Customer Service and Credit Control to ensure that customer orders, returns and credit notes are processed promptly and accurately.
4. Devise sales plans and make sales kits to promote key titles, best-seller lists, subject specific lists.
5. Identify key supplementary reading/library market in rural/urban Schools
6. Coordinate for any pilot projects in the state for the purpose of sales or research.
7. Work with the State Education bodies to identify sales opportunities under various government run educational enhancement programs.
8. Maintain and update customer profile sheets/ history and follow up on credit sales for the region. Any other sales and marketing initiative to realize revenue objectives
9. Establishing client relationship with the Principals and Coordinators of the schools in order to promote the reading programs amongst children.
10. Catering to complaints/grievances of schools, Distributors or Institutions
1. Candidate must have a customer and sales focus.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
3. Ability to work well on own and should have initiative, be innovative and entrepreneurial.
4. Excellent problem solving skills.
5. Highly organized.
General Knowledge and Technical Skills:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. PC literate, particularly all MS Office packages.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Applicants must be able to demonstrate an extensive understanding of the publishing industry and bookselling trade, particularly in the text.
2. Applicants must demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation as this position entails ownership and accountability in delivering revenue targets.
3. Applicants must demonstrate strategic planning, financial analysis abilities.
4. Graduate degree preferably with marketing / sales management and 5 years experience is desirable.
5. Candidates should be open to travel across the state for business purposes.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Multi State Coordinator’ in the subject line of the email.