- In this land of many tongues, is linguistic diversity a challenge or a gift?
- Is language a bridge or a wall?
- What are the special challenges of translating children’s books?
- What goes into a successful bi-lingual or multilingual book?
- Can picture books do away with language altogether?
- Mimbuwawa pish-pash or in other words – is nonsense a language too?
How do we deepen our understanding of learning of languages among children and what is the place of literature in that Authors, illustrators, text- book writers, teachers would have thoughts to share.We hope to have a panel of speakers who have experiences to share about the teaching and learning of different languages and its impact on learning as a whole. Authors will share experiences on why they choose to write in a particular language and their own experiments with it. All these are important questions and issues.They are important for educationists, teachers of language and publishers.They are just as important for us as a society. After all, bhasha – language defines us in indefinable ways.
Entry is free on
a first come first serve basis.
To register contact: