Janaagraha is a Bangalore based not-for-profit organisation that works with citizens and government to change the quality of life in India’s cities and towns by improving urban governance. Founded in 2001 by Ramesh Ramanathan and Swati Ramanathan, Janaagraha started as a movement to include people’s participation in public governance and has now evolved into a robust institution for Citizenship and Democracy.
Bala Janaagraha is a uniquely designed citizenship education programme that is aimed at empowering children with the knowledge, skills and values necessary to develop a deep sense of ownership and responsibility towards their society.
The Bala Janaagraha Facilitator will supervise the development of the Bala Janaagraha school programme and the delivery of learning experiences in the specified number of schools, implement the programme in these schools; this would include teaching/ interacting with school children, teachers and volunteers, manage the relationship with the school authorities and all related stakeholders of the programme; this will include emails, calls, meetings, etc, must maintain documentation for the schools as required, ensure creation and maintenance of database of students, volunteers, school management and other programme stakeholders, facilitate various events for the students; this would include competitions, field trips, surveys etc and will report to the Bala Janaagraha Coordinator.
The Bala Janaagraha Facilitator will also build ways to create and leverage the alumni of the programme, encourage children to submit articles/blogs, help in maintaining a repository of teaching aids/methodology for use of teachers/volunteers, sssist in recruiting and training volunteers for the school programme as required, support in marketing and scaling the programme as required and must be flexible in taking on different project team roles in the school environment
- Experience in delivering educational programs and activities
- Degree in Education related fields preferable
- Skills Required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Must enjoy teaching and working with children.
- Must be able to engage children with activity based learning.
- Through the civic projects, must look at building self-confidence and inculcating team spirit.
- Written and oral communication skills in Kannada is an added advantage.
- The Facilitator is required for part time work from September till next January as per the teaching calendar
- The Facilitator is required to be present at the specified schools under his/her charge as per the daily Bala Janaagraha time table in schools and for any other visits
- The Facilitator has to report to the Janaagraha office once a week
To engage please write into firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also get in touch with Sapna / Kavitha at 080-41277102, 080-40790400