Applications are now open!
Today’s children are tomorrow’s leaders, and in a rapidly evolving world, it’s important to equip them with the best tools to prepare them for the future. Pratham Books has a range of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths) books published in English as well as regional languages, where complex concepts are simplified for young readers. With colourful illustrations, simple language, and interesting storylines, these storybooks aim to encourage children to imagine, question, and explore topics they learn about in school in new and fun ways, through the magic of storybooks.
To kick off the new year, we’re giving away 100 Library-in-a-Classroom kits filled with 90 STEAM books, to schools and non-profits working with underserved children, preferably in grades 3 to 8. If you are an organisation working with children in India, you can apply for a Library-in-a-Classroom kit today. You can also choose the books in either English and Hindi, or a combination of both.
What is the Library-in-a-Classroom kit?
The Library-in-a-Classroom is a wall-mounted modular library unit that can be put up in any classroom or library. It contains a curated set of storybooks across all our four levels of reading. It is designed to engage the child’s curiosity and aid the process of teaching complex concepts in classrooms.
If you wish to apply to receive a Library-in-a-Classroom kit, go through the application guidelines listed below and if you fulfill the criteria, do fill out the application form.
Eligibility criteria to apply for a Library-in-a-Classroom kit:
1. Your organisation should be a non-profit organisation registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860 or Section 25 of Companies Act of 1956 or any other legal entity under regulations of government of India OR a government or low budget private school.
2. Your organisation should be working with children from low-income communities.
3. Your organisation should have a functioning reading programme or an active library for children with fixed reading hours outside the curriculum. This reading programme must give children access and opportunities to read books which are not a part of the set curriculum and are read for the pleasure of reading.
4. Your organisation should be working with children from grades 3 to 8.
5. The reading programme that your organisation runs should impact at least 150-200 children of the community.
6. Preference will be given to organisations who have never received a Library-in-a-Classroom kit from Pratham Books before.
*Please note that eligibility does not guarantee being accepted. We further prioritise organisations on a need-based criteria, such as demography, outreach, impact etc.
Last date to apply: 26th Jan 2021
Apply for the Library-in-a-Classroom kit:
Please click on this link to apply for a Library-in-a-Classroom kit.
Points to note:
- A duly filled form is imperative for us to consider your application, so please don’t miss any fields while filling in your application.
- Only applications received via this Google form will be considered. Applications sent via email or post will not be eligible.
- The decision of Pratham Books will be final while selecting eligible beneficiaries, and will be made at our discretion.
- Pratham Books is not obliged to disclose the cause of acceptance or rejection of any application.
As the applications start pouring in, we promise to read and consider every application we receive. We are also looking for new partners in this journey, so organisations that are applying for the first time to Pratham Books will get first preference.
Please write to us at [email protected] if you have any further questions or comments.
This initiative is supported by Oracle