Specifically, here are the award categories and their details:
- Health and well being: Awarding an innovation which promotes women’s health and overall well-being
- Education: Awarding an innovation which provides women with access to education and/or improved quality of education
- Economic Security & Livelihoods: Awarding an innovation which helps women increase their income, and / or provides them with employment opportunities.
- Social and Cultural rights: Awarding an innovation which helps women overcome social and cultural challenges.
- Governance: Awarding an innovation which prepares women to participate in available legislative positions
The applications for ESIH 2011 are now open and the last date for submission is October 23, 2010.
If you or your NGO has been focussing on providing essential services to women and girl children, you can read more about it here.
To apply online, go here.
Launched in 2008, EdelGive Foundation hosts the annual ESIH awards to reward and recognise innovations that are empowering women and girl-children.
EdelGive Foundation, which is an initiative of Edelweiss Capital Limited and provides strategic direction to the philanthropic activities of Edelweiss, its employees, clients and associates. EdelGive’s key priority is to focus on the areas of education, livelihoods and supporting women’s empowerment. EdelGive’s investment is in the form of financial but more importantly, capacity building support to its investees.