- Download the book in :English, Hindi, Marathi, Kannada and Odia. You can also access translations done by volunteer translators in Bengali, Telugu, Tamil, Gujarati, Sanskrit, Kumaoni, Surjapuri, Punjabi, Konkani, Bahasa Indonesia, French, Sinhala, Urdu.
- If you are reading to younger children, you can use the re-levelled version in English and Marathi.. There is also an image-only version for those who may want to project the story.
- Choose the place and time you want to conduct the session. Identify places where you can conduct this event in your city – A government school, an NGO, a library, a bookstore, a park, a train, your building…any place with regular kids footfalls. Approach the organization and explain the concept to them. Most of them will be happy to host you.
- Prepare for your session. Read the book a few times. If you are reading to a younger age-group, see how you can tell the story without actually reading the book (to retain their attention).
- You could also add an activity to your session. Take a look at the activity ideas we’ve shared this year.
- After the session, send us a short write-up or send us some photos from the event and we will feature it on the champions blog. Mail us at champions(at)prathambooks(dot)org.
Tweet us at @prathambooks
Find us on Facebook at : www.facebook.com/prathambooks
Say hi on Instagram at : @pratham.books (note : there is a dot between the two words)
Join Pratham Books and 5700+ storytellers in sharing the joy of stories.
About the campaign :
At Pratham Books we have a dream, to see “A book in every child’s hand”. We understand that to reach the 200 million + children in India is going to take a while. In the meantime, we decided to take ‘One Day, One Story’ campaign to as many children possible on a single day throughout the country.
This initiative is part of the Pratham Books’ Champions program where we encourage our community of volunteers to conduct reading sessions. These sessions are conducted free of cost and mostly with children from under-served communities. The Pratham Books’ Champions program is a one-of its kind volunteer program that has scaled to a national level with more and more volunteers wanting to join us in this movement.