R’s Mom reviews our book ‘Subbu, the Signal’ on Indian Moms Connect
We got this book for R from Kala Ghoda Festival from the Pratham Books stall.
Written by Prabha Ram and Meera Sriram and illustrated wonderfully by Madhuvanti Anantharajan, the story is about a traffic signal named Subbu, who is very proud of his job, but eventually gets bored of standing at one place. He starts moving from one place to another but meets up with so many other things who talk to him and finally what does he do and where does he end up is what the story is all about.
What we liked about the book
1. The super concept of a moving traffic signal. R had a lot of questions on how traffic signals can move and what would have happened if the traffic signal moved from its location, ‘Wouldn’t there be traffic jams, Amma?’ she asked
2. The illustrations. They are apt, just perfect for the text and very eye catching
3. The simple language and the way the story moves forward.
4. The cover page of the book. It’s very attractive
5. The ending of the book which brings a smile on your face
Recommended for 4 years +