Eklavya and the Sir Ratan Tata Trust/ Navajbai Ratan Tata Trust are working together to set up a Centre for Children’s Literature. The initial phase of the work will focus on conceptualising the Centre in consultation with the key players (institutions, publishers, writers, artists and educationists) in the field of children’s literature.
Eklavya is looking for a capable Research Associate, with experience and interest in the area of children’s literature, who would be willing to work with commitment towards the creation/ development of the Centre.Work at the Centre for Children’s Literature would include, inter alia the following:
- Networking with organisations, institutions and children’s literature experts and enthusiasts all over India
- Creating resources for promoting quality children’s literature (easy to access database, annotated bibliographies, selection of books, etc.)
- Creating avenues for capacity building and professional development of illustrators, writers, practitioners
- Undertaking and coordinating research work in children’s literature
- Writing reports, reviews, articles on children’s literature/ educational publishing, etc.
Read more about this post here. Last date for applications is 31st May, 2010.