A couple of months back we invited organisations and schools to apply for a free library with books that aim to spark curiosity and discovery in children. We had 100 libraries to give away, a treasure trove of books exploring STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) subjects and emotional intelligence through engaging narratives and eye catching illustrations.
We got over 120 unique application from 22 states in the country – each application notifying us of the exemplar work these schools and organisations were doing with children in the field of literacy. We really wish we could fulfill all the applications!
However, based on our guidelines, relevance of work and a rigorous evaluation, we have selected 29 beneficiaries for the grant.
- MANTRA Social Services
- Communities Rising
- Pratham Education Foundation, New Delhi
- Pratham Education Foundation, Rajasthan
- Selco Foundation
- 17000 ft Foundation
- Gyanoday Foundation
- Sewa International
- Isha Education
- Vidyarambam Trust
- Shree Raj Educational Centre
- Swatantra Talim Foundation
- Yuva Jagruthi Foundation
- Team Everest
- Kevalya Education Foundation,Surat (Submitted by Swati Mehrotra)
- Diksha Foundation
- GRAMODAYA SAMAJIK SANSTHAN
- SRF Foundation
- PANCHAVATI RURAL DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY (PANCHAVATI)
- Sun Shine Public School, Bangalore
- Shriram Matriculation School, Chennai
- Teach For India, Pune (Submitted by Jai Mishra)
- Balkrishna Deosthan Human Welfare Trust
- Pratham Education Foundation, Assam
- Zilla Parishad High School, Gundlapochampally, Telangana
- ADARSH HINDI HIGH SCHOOL (PRIMARY SECTION), West Bengal
- Piramal foundation for education leadership, Udaipur, Rajasthan
Congratulations! We will stay in touch with you on next steps.